Production Operators Needed for a position in the Parkersburg area!
Day Shift 7am - 7pm $10.50 /hr
Night Shift 7pm - 7am $11.00 /hr
*** TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE ***
Shuttle bus provided if you need transportation. Picks up in three locations in Parkersburg, WV. FREE TO EMPLOYEES ONLY!
- 7th Street Kroger
- Latrobe Street Mission
- Salvation Army
Position Summary: The Production Operator is responsible for the fabrication and assembly of the component parts for the final assembly of windows. This job description is reflective of tasks performed in a variety of departments.
Education/Experience: A high school diploma or GED preferred. One year of experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Operation of various hand tools to manual build window units together
- Lift windows onto build tables and roller racks
- Movement of carts in and out of production work area
- Operation of various type of saws to cut wood necessary to mull units
- Application of hardware and weather-stripping to fabricated units with the appropriate tooling
- Operation of variable equipment depending upon the manufacturing process
- Utilize production reports to assist in production planning
- Ensures overall quality of work produced by performing quality audits and engaging in problem solving activities to resolve issues of concern
- Observes applicable safety, health and environmental guidelines. Wears all required personal protective equipment
- Participation in cross-rotation with other operators as needed
- Supports the cross training initiative to include assisting other employees with training as needed
- All other tasks assigned by the Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to measure lengths accurately to 1/32”
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Able to convert fractions to decimals
- Ability to read and interpret common statistical data, productivity reports, and written instructions
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Capable of using computerized equipment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a continual basis. Able to lift above shoulder height and below the waist
- Will require standing, walking and working on concrete surfaces for long periods of time
- Ability to move carts in and out of production areas
Call 304-893-5010 to schedule an interview!