Pennsboro, WV 26415
United Talent Staffing is now partnering with Ply Gem recruting driven individuals to become part of the Simonton Windows team. Simonton Windows is proud to be part of the Ply Gem family. Headquartered in North Carolina, Ply Gem is an industry leading manufacturer of exterior home building products; delivering nearly everything to create a custom-looking home — from siding, stone and designer accents to fence and rail, gutter protection and of course, windows.
Position Summary: The Production Operator is responsible for the responsible for the fabrication and assembly of the component parts for the final assembly of windows. This job description is reflective of tasks performed in a variety of departments.
Education/Experience: A high school diploma or GED preferred. One year of experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Operation of various hand tools to manual build window units together
• Lift windows onto build tables and roller racks
• Movement of carts in and out of production work area
• Operation of various type of saws to cut wood necessary to mull units
• Application of hardware and weather-stripping to fabricated units with the appropriate tooling
• Operation of variable equipment depending upon the manufacturing process
• Utilize production reports to assist in production planning
• Ensures overall quality of work produced by performing quality audits and engaging in problem solving activities to resolve issues of concern
• Observes applicable safety, health and environmental guidelines. Wears all required personal protective equipment
• Participation in cross-rotation with other operators as needed
• Supports the cross training initiative to include assisting other employees with training as needed
• All other tasks assigned by the Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to measure lengths accurately to 1/32”
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Able to convert fractions to decimals
• Ability to read and interpret common statistical data, productivity reports, and written instructions
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Capable of using computerized equipment
• Ability to lift 50 pounds on a continual basis. Able to lift above shoulder height and below the waist
• Will require standing, walking and working on concrete surfaces for long periods of time
• Ability to move carts in and out of production areas
For immediate consideration please call 304-893-5010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
United Talent Staffing is an equal opportunity Employer.