Material Handler - Inventory Control
Lithia Springs, GA 30122
The Material Handler works in the Distribution Center as part of the technical services team. This role is responsible for the physical and administrative tasks involved in inventory management, storing and verification of materials parts, supplies and equipment. Examines, stocks, and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing finished products.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Performs a full range of supply facility activities to include receiving, storing, selecting and shipping bulk and bin materials and equipment. Assist in the development of plans for storage and arrangement of stock to determine warehouse configuration, setup, movement, rearrangement and traffic flow.
- Participate in developing storage and space utilization plans in accordance with materials storage areas. Include insuring the safe receipt, storage, and movement of hazardous items such as.
- Participate in planning storage space, establishing item locations, determining organization and arrangement of stock, identifying high and low usage items.
- Prepares items for processing, (utilizing appropriate Management Information System) such as computers and bar code reader to read, store, track and prepare material documentation. Performs classification inspections for material within range of authority. Ensures formal accountability when receiving, storing or issuing
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing shipments and placement of materials within docking area. Schedules personnel to facilitate movement in accordance with priorities, scheduling requirements and space allocations.
- Prepares inventory and production reports, screens and identifies shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies, and directs shipments to shipping or storage areas. May be required to store hazardous materials.
- Identifies, examines, classifies, accepts and disposes of a wide variety of materials and property. Determines physical condition and serviceability of material and property. Checks stock numbers and part numbers in supply catalogs to adequately identify property. Advises supervisor about inconsistent shipment information, defective material or property, and damage from shipping. Recommends action to be taken. Prepares statements of facts pertaining to loss, damage or destruction of property
- May participate in projects related to inventory and supply chain
Satisfactorily complete training requirements and operate within all ISO standards pertaining to site Material Handling including, but not limited to, Control of Documents and Quality Policy
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Requires a minimum of 4 years of experience in a shipping/receiving or material handling capacity
- Must have demonstrated experience working with cycle count inventory programs to verify all WIP to finished goods transactions
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control procedures
- Equivalent combination of experience and/or education may be considered
- Must be Familiar with ISO and FDA standards and practices
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of MS Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer)
- Accurately type 35-50+ wpm.
- Maintain an outstanding work ethic and an enthusiastic approach to getting the job done.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing as well as verbally
- Possess confidence to directly communicate and resolve issues amicably with manager and co-workers.
- Performs work of a highly repetitive nature.
- Will walk and may occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift up to 40lbs
- May handle “packaged” hazardous materials
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
- Must be available to work any shift (with advance notice of shift change)
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed
- All listed duties and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.