IT Support Analyst 2nd Shift
Lithia Springs, GA 30122
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Logs and tracks calls using Service Now (ticketing software), and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Interviews user to collect information about problems and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source or error.
- Determines whether problem is caused by hardware or software such as application, printer, cables, telephone, network, etc.
- Setup maintain and configure all wireless RF devices, Symbol/Motorola based.
- Assist with the setup configure all print servers in facility, RF and hard wired based.
- Assist with setup create and maintain required network accounts in AD, ADSI, Exchange servers, WMS servers ect.
- Assist with creating network folders on local file servers, setup maintain local printer connections on print servers. Adjust and maintain file server space issues.
- Support and manage printers within Oracle Applications; troubleshoot Oracle printer issues
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues involving Manhattan’s Warehouse Management System (WMS – SCALE).
- Support Tech Services service software testing and work with the team to coordinate updates accordingly
- Troubleshoot and resolve Oracle applications issues, involving such modules as Work in Process, Customer Support and Inventory.· Familiarity with SQL * Plus queries and ability to run ad-hoc report requests from business users using Oracle sql Developer reporting application.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to other technical staff or supervisor.
- Responsible for the imaging of machines for new or current users to company standard build, using related software and images. Maintains image updates as needed; review and provide inputs to needed updates to images.
- Support Audio/Visual and conference rooms, support hardware and network systems, phone, projector and video conference equipment.
- Ability to communicate any problems or issues, facilitate and track through an escalation process; work with peers to assist with resolutions.
- Provides status to management as requested.
- Writes or revises user instruction materials relevant to supported user base.
- Responsible for primary IT support of facility; escalate issues when necessary to appropriate peers.
- Handles project-oriented tasks for service related improvements, enhancements and changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or a related discipline required; Associates Degree with additional experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 5years of experience in the support of Client desktop environment, especially Microsoft desktop operation systems and applications suites in an Windows 2003/2008 Server environment
- Installing and maintaining LAN/Desktop Hardware and Software systems including Windows 7 & XP, Office 2010 suite and multiple hardware platforms
- Ability to configure desktop and laptop computers to company standards, and performing minor to medium level repairs to computer hardware and peripherals.
- Working knowledge of imaging system software fundamentals
Excellent communication skills, good organization, and customer service skills a must.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Microsoft training or certification MCSE, ISA experience and/or Cisco desirable; Oracle-related certifications a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Weekend and off hours/holiday work required as needed for implementation of new systems, changes to the production environment, maintenance, extended business hours support and/or outages.