Diverse Tax Accountant
Charleston, WV 25301
Diverse Tax Accountant
Well established company is looking for a well diverse Tax Accountant to play a key role in their Accounting department located in Charleston, WV. You will be a part of a cohesive team that can help your launch your career in the accounting field. The company has strong roots in the Charleston community with multiple locations across the United States.
They offer a comprehensive benefit package including: group health, dental, vision, life, disability, and paid time off. There is also a flexible and supportive company culture where work life balance is always considered.
Your Role with the Company:
- Analyze incorrect invoices due to sales tax errors.
- Process sales tax deductions and request exemption certificates.
- Prepare detail reports and compile date for tax audits.
- Complete sales tax and other various tax returns.
- Complete annual compliance with federal 1099MISC requirements.
- Perform reverse audits.
- Prepare journal entries and monthly closing spreadsheets.
- Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Diverse background in sales tax.
- Solid knowledge of accounting policies and numerous tax laws.
- Strong foundation in reading and interpreting financial reports, schedules and raw date for analytical purposes.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Experienced Recruiter, Shelley Wentz, is the Talent Acquisition Manager for United Talent.
Growing up in the Columbus Ohio area, where she attended Franklin University and started her career in the Recruiting/Human Resource industry. She has spent over 20+ years recruiting for large and small financial and medical organizations. She has extensive experience in sales, business development, contract negotiation, consulting and recruiting. Through her past experience, she developed a wonderful eye for talent, and prides herself on becoming an extension of your human resource team.
Shelley has a teenage daughter who she supports with her cheerleading for school and all star cheer competitions. She has always been involved with her community and actively supports the Human Societies across the US along with rescuing animals.
Shelley still enjoys being a "cheer Mom" after moving to Myrtle Beach, SC and to live near her retired parents. She is an active member of the high school Booster Club and supports fund raising events with the community. She stresses the values of family and friends to build character for our youth. She still loves lively conversations in the football arena and cherishes her time spent with her Australian Shepherd/Collie mix.