Charleston, WV 25302
Immediate need for an Accountant in the Charleston, WV area. Position is a direct hire. Hours will be Mon-Fri from 8am to 5pm and pay will be based on experience. Must have previous experience to be considered for this position.
Prepare variable compensation calculations and management reports, prepare and record journal entries, prepare and analyze reconciliations
and audit schedules, perform analysis of branch operating results for the purpose of validating wage and variable compensation expenses,
assist with budget preparation as it relates to payroll expenses, assist in the payroll processing objectives, including relationships with state and
federal agencies related to recording, filing and depositing federal and state taxes. Work may be focused in a specific area including, but not
limited to: Variable Compensation, Payroll tax and general Compensation matters
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Conduct monthly, quarterly and year-end closings of MRC’s financial information;
· Analyze branch statements and other payroll reports to identify and explain fluctuations or unusual items;
· Calculate and analyze variable compensation for all eligible positions within the company;
· Assist with the budget preparation of payroll related items and analyze budgeted items vs. current year expenses to identify and explain fluctuations or
· Design spreadsheets to review compensation and month-end financial statements of branches and departments;
· Assist in the analysis and implementation of new branches or newly acquired companies, new regulations or expatriates, as it relates to payroll functions and
the related accounting;
· Assist in the compliance with corporate policies and procedures of all federal, state, and local payroll and tax laws.
· Reconcile and process federal, state, and local tax collections and filings for payroll, unemployment and workers compensation;
· Work with tax authorities to resolve any outstanding issues regarding timely payment or timely filings efficiently and quickly to minimize interest and
· Work extended hours in order to meet established deadlines for bi-weekly payroll, monthly accounting close, and internal/external reporting requirements;
· Perform other duties and projects as assigned;
Education, Experience & Ability Requirements
Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be
Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to
perform the work.
Minimum of five years of progressive experience in accounting or related field. Strong analytical skills complimented by strong reasoning skills to interpret
complex documents, financial information, and perform research; strong time management and organizational skills to meet multiple deadlines and inquiries,
a high degree of accuracy in work products and the ability to accept progressive responsibilities;
· Working knowledge of laws, regulations and policies that pertain to specific duties of the accounting to include generally accepted accounting principles
Demonstrated PC and advanced-level spreadsheet software skills; experience with ADP payroll software is desired;
Ability and willingness to partner, influence and work effectively with internal and external customers, interfacing positively with employees and coworkers,
maintaining strict confidentiality of all data and records, treating information with absolute and complete discretion;
Ability and willingness to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime and maintain acceptable levels of attendance;
Strong written and oral communication skills;
Valid Driver’s license with the ability to meet the MRC Global vehicle policy and the ability to travel as needed.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please contact United Talent at 304-556-1190 or forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Operations (WV)
Brandi is a native of Milwaukee, WI and a United States Navy Veteran with over 15 years of Staffing/ Corporate Human Resources experience. During her career she has worked in areas that include Branch staffing ,RPO, Onsite Staffing, Onsite Implementation and Corporate HR Management. Brandi leads our West Virginia Team that services WV, OH, KY, PA and surrounding areas, ensuring we are living our Core Values and providing service excellence to our Associates and Customers.
During her spare time she enjoys watching her son play football and baseball.